In this update, we're fixing a decent amount of bugs found over the past 2 weeks, some game-breaking and some not so much. We appreciate everyone who helped find these bugs and report them to us, and we also appreciate those that helped us test the fixes! Please remember to report bugs at https://auroramc.net/bug-report/ if you find any!
- Fixed a bug where hot potato would not display correctly in the /viewgames menu, making it not able to open properly.
- The report reasons in /report are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed the filter still changing words to "HONK!" instead of it being consistent with the words used in game.
- The website will now display an overlaid watermark if a game was void.
- GameLogs will now display when debug or admin commands are used during a game.
- Fixed a bug where chests from crates would remain open when opening another crate for any player who saw the previous crate opening.
- Fixed a bug that caused Emotes to not be given when opening crates, causing emerald crates to bug out when a player has all cosmetics.
- Fixed a bug where you could open chests that appear during Crate Animations as if they were regular Minecraft Chests.
- Added an 'Ongoing Games' section of the game menu to allow players to see what games are currently ongoing.
- Fixed a bug where rain would appear randomly if the weather changes mid-game (for real this time).
- Fixed a bug where if the Grappling Hook gadget was enabled, you could use it in games where a fishing rod was obtainable (for real this time).
- Fixed a bug where, for team games, the last player leaving would not result in the game ending.
- Fixed a bug with Twerk Apocalypse where the fake players would spawn in the air if the map had any blocks above the players.
- Fixed a bug where a server would get stuck in a gameplay state if all...
Here comes another massive changelog from us! We've been working hard behind the scenes to bring you some excellent updates and bug fixes! This one comes with a cool new feature we've been working on for a while now and have finished implementing. Originally it was going to be a staff tool, but as it was so awesome we decided why not make it public!
Without further adieu, here are all the changes this time round:
- Logs will generate automatically at the end of each game and be sent to each player in the lobby.
- You can view your most recent game logs through the /viewgames command.
- Game Logs will show you the full list of events that happened during the game- For longer games, this may mean you have to scroll quite a bit.
- Game Logs will provide you with basic game information such as:
• When the game started.
• Players in the game, including which team they were on and which kit they were using.
• The game that was played.
• The server that the game was played in.
• When the game ended and who won the game.
Game Logs will not generally provide statistics (Kills, EXP Earned, etc)- However, this may be worked out for things like kills if the player wishes to do so.
Other Changes General
- Added 6 new emotes that can be obtained through crates.
- Fixed rain appearing in game when weather changes after the game has started.
- The message for Chat Slow & Chat Silence has been modified slightly.
- The filter will now replace words with 'BLEEP!", "BLOOP!", "BLORP!" or "BLURP!" rather than "HONK!".
- The number of rewards you have to claim is now displayed above the NPC in the lobby.
- Parkour teleport to last checkpoint item has been changed from an enderpearl to an eye of ender.
- 'The Monke' has been retired from it's duties and is now in a...
Quite a big announcement from us today as we're excited to bring changes to how our Build Team works as well as announce our first official job opening!
As of January 1st, Builder will no longer be a volunteer position but will be more based around a commission-type system. If you're interested in what this means, head over to the thread below and read more!
Since our release back at the end of August, we've been slowly teasing new content coming out in the future. If you've joined our discord (Join here if you haven't) or been following our forums, you will know that there are multiple extensive updates that we have planned.
That being said we wanted to create this thread so that we can lay out, currently, what our plan is for 2023 and what you can expect from our side.
There are going to be many different content updates that you can look forward to in 2023 and we're excited to share what some of those updates are going to be.
First and foremost, as we teased back in our October Developer Update our lead developer, Block2Block, began working on a new game. We're hoping that the game will give a different experience to players that may not like playing minigames. This game will enter its final alpha testing in April, and we hope to be able to release it shortly after that. As we get closer to that final alpha stage, we will start to release game teasers as well as let everyone know what we plan to call this game.
Currently, the only way we would be able to host events is through the use of admin commands. However, that will all change in 2023, as we plan to introduce an Event Server. These servers will introduce completely new twists to our games that have not been seen before. Whilst we don't have an exact timeframe for this, we are hoping that it will come around the same time as the New Game or not too long after.
Due to the limited resources and time, we may not be able to release many small updates during this time besides bug fixes and quality-of-life changes here and there, but we hope that the major content updates that we have planned will make up...
As we told you all during our October Developer Update, we have planned a content update for a few games to add fun new twists. In this update, we've added a majority of these updates. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we couldn't prepare a Christmas Update, but a Christmas Lobby & Waiting Lobby is currently live on the network.
This is the biggest update we have done since the release of AuroraMC, with 80+ commits in the process of developing and testing the changes, so prepare yourself for a long read! Without further adieu, let's get straight into it!
General / Quality of Life
- Formatting for ranks has been changed and all ranks are now displayed as bold in both chat and tab.
- Leadership Ranks (Owner, Admin & Senior Developer) are now displayed in dark red.
- Added new "Partner" rank - We will release further information regarding what this rank is for in the future, but we're adding it now to save time later.
- Added Chat Emotes that everyone can use to make their messages look a bit spicier! (Everyone has automatically been given the Shrug emote!)
- A player's preferred pronouns (the preference) are now displayed when hovering over their name in chat and in the tab list!
- A player's in-game time and games played are now displayed when hovering over their name in chat.
- The game server tab list has been redesigned and now includes more information, such as the server you are in, the map & more!
- Updated stats menu to show stats for the new paintball items, and new game kits.
- Added /emotes command to show you which emotes you have access to use.